Thursday, December 04, 2014

Palaani's Travels

My penchant for travelling to new places probably comes from my Thatha (Grand Dad). During school days we have had many a trips to interesting places with cousins and each time Thatha would have collected facts and stories about the place we were visiting beforehand and narrate the historical and architectural importance of places as we visit them. Remember this was the pre-google / Wikipedia days. So you would need to go to the book stores - no Flipkart/Amazon either - search for these books and buy them to collect the information.

Fortunately my job gave me an opportunity to visit quite a few places around the globe - so far have been to 15 countries in 4 different continents. Recently when my Mom commented about recording my travel experiences - I thought I should capture them as short blog articles.

So here goes the starting of (hopefully) a series of short write-ups of interesting facts / events / experiences during my travel. Will try to keep these as short and sweet as possible - without turning them into boring essays.

Fasten your seatbelts folks - and hope you enjoy the ride.

Cheers,
Palaani

No comments: